Saturday, April 23, 2005

Working woman...

This evening i went to my tuition kid's house to.. of course give tuition lahz.. ya... despite in the midst of exam... After drilling her for 2 hours.. i sat down to talk to her.. giving her some feedbacks regarding her learning and some advice on how to prepare for her exams. Before long, her mum came back from her work; and sat with us then.. so i went on to ask her mum to get some multi-vitamins for her, since i understand that vitamin B helps to boost brainwork and vitamin C helps in coping stress and boosting immunity system. I wondered why her mum can just go out of context.. and start to speak ill of her daughter.. telling me that she is very stubborn.. and that she has poor memoery because she has sin...??? always talk non stop over the phone.. blah blah and blah...

The poor gal started to cried.. and i gotta a bit angry with the mum.. why she must she embarassed her child in front of an outsider like that... especially to someone that she respect..? i understand exactly how e gal feel.. because my mum is also like that.. my mum would go around telling my relatives and neigbours how lazy i was.. how late i always go home.. and then these relatives would all come up to me to either "suan" me or scold me..

I tried to comfort her.. and also assured her mum that her daughter is a lot better than others who are going thru their teen years too.. i was worse when in secondary sch. Then uncontrollably, .. her mum shouted across the table "stupid" at her.. and that's it.. i really cannot stand the mum liaoz.. "Oh auntie, you'd been back home for quite some time le... =) think you better go and wash up and take a rest ba.. think u r very tired too.." I tried to get the mum to leave us alone as gentle as i could... so that i can console her...

i know she hated her mum... i used to dislike my mum too but i dun hate her as much as she did becuz my mum, unlike hers, dun dare to hit me... she said she treat her as singing when she's talking... i understand that perfectly too because me and sis also did that.. But when i begin to understand the bible.. i began to see and understand that we are all sinful... that we all did not relate to God rightly, hence we cannot relate to one another rightly... we can't love... we can't be others-centered simply becuz we are lovers of ourselves...

I told her that and i told her to be understanding to her mum because she is a working mum. Not just to understand that she has a very tough life outside.. but to really understand that we all have a problem of us rejecting God... and not relating to God rightly. God made woman to help man.. not to have her taking up the role of man.. Working in the field is not the role of woman (or rather not the main role because she is to help).. and having ruling power is not the role of woman.. they are the roles of man. Rather, child bearing(Gen3) is the role of woman.. watching over the affairs of the household (Prov31) is the role of woman...

Both her mum and my mum have not know God.. they'd lived not according to what God had created woman to be.. therefore there's a broken vertical r'ship w God and hence a broken horizonal r'ship b/w them and their husbands.. and children. Working woman, is like using a spoon to eat noodle, it's frustrating, they faced more stress than working man, because they are working against their nature.. hope that you wouldn't get me wrong.. i am not saying that woman shall not work at all... if u read Prov31, u'll realised that she also make linen to sell.. this is what i mean of helping the man work in the field.. but that's not e main role.. and the whole Prov31 portrary the main role of woman as taking care of her household. So when all the energy and focus and desire is to earn lotsa money or prestige... it becomes frustrating for both the woman and the ppl ard her.

Understanding the gospel allows me to understand what being a human being is all about.. it motivated me to forgive.. and love.. love her much enough to share the gospel with her so that she can be saved. I ask the teen to forgive.. she shakes her head... I know that she wouldnt be able to forgive now.. but hopefully and prayfully i wish that she can know Christ... and be able to learn to forgive...

No comments: