Sunday, April 02, 2006

MM Conference 06

Just came back from the ministry matters conference. It was great to get together to listen to God's word in this manner. This is the second time I'd attended this conference, and I guessed the number was smaller this year but there were a handful of non-ARPCian like the BTPCians, ORPCians and some other CFers too, it was great know these B.A.S.I.C from different churches.

It was also an encouraging thing to see a number of youths there to learn more about christian ministry. We also gotten to know Helen (David's wife) there, when she led a workshop with the gals. She was such a soft-spoken and humble lady that after speaking to her, we were greatly influence by her gentleness. However after trying to speak softer and slower ourselves, we burst out laughing and surrendered. We just can't be soft-spoken manz, what a shame!

But well, this conference had served a great reminder and encouragement to me, especially when i had just made a decision of not to take up Masters last night. The decision making process had been tormenting me for months.. since Jan. I had been deciding if i shall take up a masters degree or not, looking at my boss's offer and the convenience that i am working in NTU.

I declined the offer evenually.. and to say that I am firm and feel no regret, it will be lying. However, God's word do bring me back to focus.. that i shall not build my confidenece upon my education rather my confidence shall be on Christ.. my identity shall be of Christ..

No comments: